Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 157: For Name Calling.. :P

Today, I am thankful for…

  1. Finding out that there might be an all India bandh on Monday which means that there’ll be a holiday (2 days at a stretch) and also that I can get up late!!! Whoa!! Awesome!! :)
  1. The exchange of e-mails that have replaced phone conversations. Interestingly, today’s e-mail conversation began with (and entirely turned out to be about) witnessing the story of a rat that tried to hide itself inside a carton of toned milk and crows that were waiting for it to come out so that they could attack him. There was also a dog somewhere in the story and the main point of concern was the survival tactic of the rat… or something like that. Not something I would talk about in the beginning of the day, but I must admit I did find it cute and laughed a lot when I read it. I don’t know anyone else who’d express such concern for a street rat!! The whole e-mail reeked of compassion and I re-read it more than once. :)
  1. Being called names that sound soooo cute. “Aye ghadhi” literally translated as “Oh donkey” and “tera sarr” meaning “your head” have never ever sounded so cute. And it’s as if I want to be called by these names. They’re not intended to be offensive, obviously. But even if they were, the way he says it, makes me forget that I’m being called an idiot! :P
  1. Unexpected phone calls that lead to looong conversations when you realize you haven’t spoken in a really long time. Ashish called me yesterday and we spoke after soooooo long. What made me feel nice was not just the fact that I was speaking to him after a gap of about three months, but also a few things that he told me, that sort of provided encouragement. He said things like, he was happy about the decision that I’d made to follow my heart. He told me how he enjoyed reading what I wrote and that he could visualize what I wanted to convey. It made me feel so nice. Also he said that there were a few common friends who actually took time out of their work schedule to read my blog!!!!!! I couldn’t believe my ears. :) Also we spoke a little bit about both our career plans and gave each other suggestions. Oh… and it’s his birthday today!! So Happy Birthday Ashish!!!! :)
  1. The nice and long walk that I took. I am all about being healthy and fit these days but I won’t achieve that by starving myself and looking all worn out. I eat really well but I compensate for that by getting any form of exercise, whether it is jumping and dancing around the house while music is on in the background (which as so far been the most relaxing form) or plainly walking long distances when I’m in the mood. So today, I walked all the way from my office till the railway station (which took almost twenty minutes) and then from Vashi station to class and back – 15 minutes each way (I had to meet Ma’am about something). I was so tired by the time I reached Nerul that I ended up taking an auto. But then the long walk was really good!! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus