This week, I'm thankful for...
1. Heat pads that are a life safer when you have cramps! I can't imagine any other way I would have been able to survive those two hours (even after taking a cyclopam) if it wasn't for that heat pad! The pain was so unbearable that I just wanted to die. But five minutes after I strapped the thing on, I was able to comfortably sit through the pain. I officially love that thing.
2. Being able to bond with my cousins. I spent Wednesday night talking with my brother up till 4 AM and then had a nice chat with my sister over the phone. Life's good. :)
3. The extremely long and wonderful walk I took around the neighbourhood today (that took me about an hour and twenty minutes.) I went all the way upto the end of Sea Woods just trying to figure out the place I've been living in for the past six and a half years or so. Thought I'd see what kind of stores were there. It was a good experience, mostly because I just needed to get out of the house. Also, the alone time was good. :)
4. Happy coincidences. A few weeks ago, I was trying to watch 'Ghosts of a Girlfriends' Past.' "Tyring" because at one point the movie got stuck and the DVD wouldn't play. The movie was on HBO tonight at 9. But at the same time, there was Koffee with Karan on Star World. I had to watch KWK because if I miss the first telecast, it has been a trend that I have NEVER been able to catch the repeat... not fully at least. So I was watching KWK and switching to HBO in between commercials. And when KWK got over, it was 10. I immediately switched back to HBO and it the movie had reached the exact point where our DVD had got stuck. It was like a belated Christmas Miracle. :D :D
5. Being able to save around 600-700 Rupees. See, I ranted about how wonderful my hair becomes during winter because it stays straight and doesn't frizz. So I thought it was the perfect time to get fringes. But then it also seemed unnecessary to spend 700 on a haircut because I had just cut my hair really short in April and frankly, I miss my long hair. My sister volunteered to cut my fringes. She said her stylist had told her how to do it. I trusted her and let it do it and Voila!! I have awesome fringes falling over my forehead right now!! :) :)
6. The year that was. I just realised that this is the last post for the year 2010 on this blog. This blog and this exercise has encouraged me to look at the positive things in life and be thankful for what I have rather than worrying and complaining about things that I don't have. Even with the downs, it's been a wonderful year - and I would like to give some credit to this blog (among other things.)
So since I'll be seeing you all next year directly,
Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!!! :)