Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 135: For Quilling

Today, I am thankful for…

  1. An early start to the day. It is always good to have and finish a lecture before noon so I have the whole day to myself. Doing what; is not important. Just the fact that I have the whole day to do whatever else it is that I want to do, is what counts.
  1. The awesome buy of Quilling equipment at Hobby Ideas. And I’m already addicted to it to say the least. Quilling is the art of making decorative objects by rolling and shaping long thin strips of paper; the raw material looks like this.

Here’s what I made to practice. They’re supposed to look like balloons and I think they do. A little bit! :P

And then I tried to make squares instead of circular things. I’m getting pretty good at it! :P


By the end of the day, I had succeeded in making flowers and leaves too... :)


  1. The nice guy at Hobby Ideas store who helped me with my purchases. He told me that I needed to buy the quilling pin which was not included in the starter kit that I purchased and I would need it to roll paper easily. :) 
  1. The hilarity that Amit is! On most days (all days actually) you can count on him to cheer you up when you are low and induce a bellow of laughter from your belly on others. He must have rambled on and said the most nonsensical of things for twenty minutes at a stretch and I couldn’t help but be amused – this after knowing him for over sixteen years and being friends with him for over eight.
  1. The genius behind Prison Break. I’m stunned the way the story is progressing!!! I’m almost done with season 1 with a few episodes to go and I know I’m only going to love it!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus