Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 115: For the Joke of the Day

Today, I am thankful for…

  1. The absence of electricity for about five whole hours in this God forsaken place which turned out to be a blessing because I got to read ‘Kane & Abel,’ which is a brilliant book by the way. I was reading ‘Shantaram’ but it is very slow; interesting nonetheless. I’ve decided to read it in parts because I can’t seem to enjoy the book for more than two hours at a stretch and it doesn’t make sense if I read it without interest. So I’m going to read it in between two books (a chapter or two) or at least that’s the plan.
  1. Being able to get back to work! I started teaching again today and the enthusiastic “Hi Ma’am” from the class crowd, made me feel even better.
  1. Realizing that dancing is not the only way to break a sweat and burn calories – sweeping the house does that too; does it real good – especially when you have about 1200 sq. ft. to sweep.
  1. Having someone back on Facebook after a dry spell of two and a half months to “like” and comment on my posts!!! Hahahaha… Glad to have you back Sandeep!
  1. The joke that my mom cracked today. I don’t know if it qualifies for a joke, but it make me and Natasha laugh really hard. I went to the doctor on Monday about my kidney stone and bladder problem, and I was supposed to buy my medicines Monday night and somehow forgot; don’t know how. So today my mom realized that and wanted to be angry at me and said, “You can’t do even one thing!! You are so self-centered, you only think about yourself!!”
How could I not laugh??? Just how??
blog comments powered by Disqus