Today I’m thankful for…
- The one and a half hours that I spent before the exam discussing accounting for Amalgamation transactions. It felt good to hear his voice just a few hours before the exam and that too for an hour and a half even if it meant discussing studies.
- Being able to save Rs. 200 in plumber service charges. The flush tank in our bathroom has been leaking when it refills because something that controls how much of water is supposed to be fill in was a little loose. This had happened before, and I had seen the plumber come in and turn one tiny screw like thing with just his thumb and one other finger. I was so tired to having to wait for the flush tank to refill after I was done using the toilet that I decided to do something about it. I opened the flush, examined it for a few minutes and turned the knob in both directions to see which one worked better. It took five minutes, but I eventually figured it out, thereby saving the Rs. 200 that the plumber would have charged for just turning a knob! Bah!
- Being able to write a good first paper. During the last two attempts, the Accounts papers have been exceptionally tough (not that the CA Institute is known for being very kind and gentle during examinations – people have seen worse.) But this time the paper was fairly easy – standard pattern, so I guess both of us are going to score well, in this paper at least. :) We will know about the other papers when we write them. So far, so good.
- The fact that when I was teaching the intermediate level, two of the chapters that I taught were; Investment Accounting – AS 13 (as a part of accounts) and Construction Costing – AS 7 (as a part of costing.) These two are fairly easy Accounting Standards, so no one bothers to go through them in detail. We had a four mark question on each of these standards and only because I had taught both of these in class, I was able to answer the questions perfectly even though it was months ago that I had actually read these! Thanks Ma'am for letting me teach these!!!! :)
Too much of technicality for one day I guess… :P
- The wonderful sleep that I got after my exam! Ah… Bliss! :)