Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 125: For my first CT Scan and Bouncing!

Today, I am thankful for…

  1. Having a good hair day. I washed my hair and didn’t even wait for it to dry properly or set it because I was in such a rush to get out of the house and reach the hospital on time. Even then, my hair in the wet humid air turned out pretty great. Yay!
  1. Having my first experience of a CT Scan. I’ve had an MRI done before for my migraine and though this was similar, there were quite a few differences. For one, this machine automatically slid back and forth and elevated itself. But the main difference was the IV used to push some medicine into my veins (they pronounced it ‘dye’ and also called it ‘contrast’ not sure which one’s correct and I’m too lazy to check it out) and this medicine helped the doctors scan all the organs. There’s something you should know though. They tell you that you’ll feel a little warm when the medicine starts flowing inside your body, but warm is an understatement! Its hot and your entire abdomen feels hot and very close to being slightly burnt from within. Imagine going out in the scorching sun and being exposed directly to sunlight for at least a minute straight! But it’s not so bad that it becomes intolerable. It was a new experience for me and I’m happy about it.
  1. The sisterly afternoon I spent. My mom, Nattu and I; had all gone to the hospital from where my mom went to work and my sister and I came back home. But since we were supposed to be fasting since morning it was eleven thirty by then, we decided to have lunch and then go home. So we went from Breach Candy Hospital to McDonalds (second time in three days for me!) near V.T. Station and had a great time there!
  1. Being able to take a lecture today afternoon. I was dead tired – mostly by dehydration due to the heat; by the time I reached home and I had a lecture within an hour. But somehow I managed to get rejuvenated and was ready for a two hour session; my voice almost screeching and air coming out of my mouth instead of words by the end of it because I’d been teaching a little over four hours each day for the last two days. I have a break tomorrow, so my voice can rest. I’m happy for that in advance ;)
  1. Feeling like a five year old again. Our house has these very comfortable couches (so comfortable that I’ve slept on it for the last few nights) and the seat almost as a velvet cum spring effect. Nattu and I were doing our chores in the evening like folding the laundry, re-filling the water bottles, lighting the lamp in the temple, getting rid of the unnecessary mess around the house, etc. and of course we had music on! So we were working-cum-dancing and when we were done with the chores we sat down on the couch and were doing our hand movements while still sitting which suddenly turned to bouncing! And OH-MY-GOD it was so much fun. We suspended our legs parallel to the ground and had our arms out in the air and just continued bouncing on the springs and specially called our mom to see what we were doing. Her mouth turned a big “O” when she saw us! It was the most awesome childish fun I’ve had in a really long time!
blog comments powered by Disqus