Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 98: For the Kidney Stone and the Gastro Enteritis.. Yeah.. Totally NOT kidding!

Today I’m thankful for…

  1. Discovering ‘Castle.’ It is this new series on Star World about a crime novel author Rick Castle and a female NYPD detective, Kate Beckette and how they solve crimes together. It is a nice show. I just saw it’s pilot episode today because they started airing it from Monday (I’m watching repeats… ) And I’m looking forward to loving it as much as I love F.R.I.E.N.D.S. or Desperate Housewives or How I Met Your Mother! :)
  1. Being taken care of from far far away even if it means talking over the phone to make me feel better. I have been experiencing some trouble the past couple of days and when I went to the doctor today morning, he told me that I may have a stone in my kidney and I would have to get a sonogram done just to be sure about what it is. I have had a stone before and that was painful. So this time if it is discovered early, it wouldn’t pain as much, maybe it wouldn’t pain at all. Also, I have had an upset stomach since afternoon which was diagnosed as gastro enteritis when I visited the doctor again in the evening. I have been highly dehydrated the whole day in spite of drinking gallons of water and have experienced giddiness. Two problems in one day??? I should be sulking, but no! This blog is all about being positive. So let’s talk about what good turned out of this… Believe me, if you really think about it, it did!!!
Through all this, I’ve had mom at home to take care of me, and Sandeep – more than 50 kilometers away, to make me feel better over the phone! See… Silver lining of the dark grey cloud! You have to reeeeealllly look for it!

  1. Realizing the importance of good health. Even the slightest hint of giddiness and weakness makes you realize the importance of having a strong and healthy body that doesn’t have to make an effort to take a few steps from the bathroom to your bed just so you can lie down again.
  1. The lovely blog post written by Ratz for me… So that I can get well soon! I loved it!!! And as she mentioned, I’m going to kick that stone out, if there even is one!!! ;) Once again, thank you girl! :D
And I guess that’s it for today. Oh! I missed my dance class today because what’s the point in going there just to rush to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes when I can do that in the comfort of my own home and avoid embarrassment! ;)

I’m all about finding the silver lining in pretty much everything today! Hahahahahaha…
blog comments powered by Disqus