Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 119: For AS 512

Today, I am thankful for…

  1. Seeing mirages. I know its not a big deal, but I always thought that mirages could be seen only in the desert. But apparently, the Palm Beach road falls in the same category because when I was driving to class today in the afternoon (exactly at noon actually) I thought I saw wet patches stretching across the width of the road but by the time I approached there, it was as if the road hadn’t felt the cold of water for years. I was excited when I realized what it was. It was good to see one of nature’s optical illusions.
  1. Being able to dress up. It was one of our friends’ birthdays and Sandeep and I, as usual met up about an hour earlier so that we could travel together till Andheri and talk. And given the way I am, I took the opportunity to dress up and go meet him. Actually, dress up just to meet him :)
  1. AS 512. No!! Not Accounting Standard 512!! God! Imagine if there were five hundred and twelve Accounting Standards! I’m talking about the bus route 512; the bus which goes from Nerul to Mulund which has now become AS 512 as it is now air-conditioned. Wow! I was so glad that my hair would not get messy in the heat and humidity because I had spent about a half hour ironing it just to look nicer. Plus, I was saved from the terrible heat.
  1. Being able to spend about an hour and a half in another AC bus from Mulund to Andheri where we talked, listened to music, pulled each others’ legs; basically spent quality couply time! It is at times like these that I absolutely love a traffic jam! Seriously!! :P
  1. Having a social evening with friends after a long time. It’s the only reason I like birthdays – because I get to meet all my friends; and oh! How could I forget this?? Also because I get to dress up!
blog comments powered by Disqus